Preparing for Hurricane Laura
As hurricane Laura strengthens, our team at U.S. Forensic is preparing. We are wishing our friends and neighbors safety as Laura nears. As a forensic engineering firm, U.S. Forensic is experienced in helping to rebuild after catastrophic events. We are experienced in ASCE wind load requirements and FEMA base flood elevation (BFE) requirements. You may visit our storm damage assessments page for more information on related services.
Basic Hurricane Preparations
With hurricane Laura projected to be a major hurricane at landfall, it is important to take the next couple of days to prepare appropriately. Ready.gov has a list that can be used to prepare for hurricanes. It also offers links to important safety information and key websites. Here are a few of their recommendations:
- Gather supplies including enough medications to sustain you after the hurricane.
- Identify your evacuation zones and shelter locations.
- Review and make copies of important documents such as insurance policies.
- Prepare your home by moving or securing items or furniture and cleaning drains and gutters.
- Ensure your electronics are ready – gather batteries and charge phones, etc.
- Help neighbors who may need assistance in preparing due to age or disability.
Contacting Us After the Storm
We will have staff members available to assist after the storm. If you have questions or need information, you may dial 888-873-0012 or email us at [email protected]. To submit an assignment, you may call, email, or visit our submit an assignment page.